Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FuseCal launches

ReadWriteWeb says:
"FuseCal lets you sync any calendar to any calendar, while also providing filters that let you limit the types of events that are included in the sync."
I haven't tried it since earlier days when it wasn't quite ready for prime time, but it's an innovative quasi-screen scraper/Web page calendar detector that looks promising. I'll be trying it out with Mozilla Sunbird in a few days to see if they play well together.

UPDATE: My quick check of FuseCal reveals that any FuseCal can import an .ics file to any compatible calendar, but only supports a limited set of calendars for subscribing to iCal feeds. Here's hoping they add Sunbird subscription support soon.

2 comments:

johnwin said...

Just had a ply with it and one thing it does well is to consolidate different gCal feeds into your main Calendar - I've wanted this 'merge' function for a long time.

I also like the way it will scrape data from any webpage with a list of dates.

For example the web site for my sons school just posts a list of term dates and events - no ical feed or anything fancy.
I set FuseCal to work and it successfully gleaned all the data, gave me an option to add or remove data it was unsure about (none in this case) and then let me import it to gCal.

Very promising.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to us, Scott!

You ought to be able to copy and paste the iCal feed URL into Sunbird in order to subscribe in an ongoing manner. Please let me know if you run into any problems with this.

As always, we appreciate your feedback, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to make FuseCal more useful for you.

cheers,
Matt Gillooly
Product Manager, FuseCal.com