Saturday, December 22, 2007

Tasks inside calendars: How do they make one's time "busy"?

How many of you manage your tasks inside your calendar? As of Office 2007, Bill Gates now does:
"Before the 2007 Office release, I never used the Outlook task feature, but now that tasks are automatically added to my calendar, it makes it much easier to stay on top of the important things I need to do."
What I'd like to know is, when Outlook adds a task to a calendar, does it create "busy" time so the task can be completed? Or does it depend? Can any Outlook users reading this explain how this works?

2 comments:

Tim said...

We have Outlook 2007 at work. You add tasks and they become items on the bottom of calendar views, but they don't occupy time.

SambearPoet said...

Hi there! I am writing you because I would very much like your assistance on something. A co-worker's boss is dedicated to her paper calendar and is extremely detailed as to how she wants it to print on the page. Print Styles on Outlook 2007 does not cut it as they are not customizable. What I am looking for is something that will print an iCal calendar and will allow one to be very picky as to how it is printed. I have already tried the "Calendar Printing Program" available for free from Microsoft for Office 2007 - it crashes more often than not, and it doesn't allow for customization. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated - you seem to care about interoperability.